The Cure Is – 4 Key Points from the Movie (Part One)
I just finished watching The Cure Is film. It’s a transformational film about how every human body is brilliantly designed for vitality and longevity. The movie claims that it is possible that there is a powerful and effective means to address our health and disease, which can assist in tapping into our natural healing capacity of our profoundly powerful human body.
The Cure Is movie follows the stories of several people who were diagnosed with terminal illnesses and is intertwined with messages and inspiration from several experts such as :
- Dr Bernie Siegel
- Marianne Williamson
- Greg Braden
- Bruce H Lipton Phd
and many more
This is a quick summary of some of the key points I took from the movie (Part One of this summary will be released today, Part Two released tomorrow)
Key Point number 1 – Our environment has the biggest impact on our health (not our genes)
Disease is not natural – nowadays, it seems that it’s normal but it is certainly not natural. One of my favourites of the experts is Bruce H Lipton Phd – he debates the idea of whether it is in fact our genes that are responsible for our health. He explains that genes are actually only responsible for 5% of the illness we see in our bodies – so what about the other 95%? Well according to Dr Lipton, it has nothing to do with our genes and it has everything to do with our lifestyle!
He claims that genes do not control your body and acknowledges that Genetic Determinism (the idea that genes control your traits) is not very empowering. We don’t need to buy into these beliefs!
Conventional biology sees the body as a gene driven, computerised vehicle and has said that when something is not working right then there is a break down of the vehicle ie. The parts, the genes, the biochemistry is not working right. According to Bruce Lipton, the biology is not driven by the genes – it is driven by our response to the world or our perception. Yes, the body is a vehicle and 5 maybe 10% of the problem could be due to a failure in the mechanics of the vehicle, but the issue, when referring to it in this manner is that they’ve left the driver of the vehicle out of the picture.
The driver of the vehicle is the person who is in control so Key Points number 2, 3 and 4 are about how the driver controls the vehicle (or the person influences their health)
Key Point number 2 – What you hold in your beliefs becomes the overriding, determining factor to your health!
This is the new paradigm!
Marianne Williamson touches on this by explaining that every thought creates form on some level. She says that we know there are cases where people have been told that they only have a week to live and they go on to live a long time. Perhaps we have been looking too long at the stories of people who have not achieved a miracle and perhaps we need to be spending more time looking at what happened when a miracle did occur in order to change our belief systems about our health and healing?
But we also need to recognise that we are being run by two minds – our conscious and our sub-conscious minds. Most people have heard of it but haven’t really been taught how to use the law of attraction. The 5-95% rule applies here to – 5% of your life is controlled by your conscious positive thoughts – 95% of your life is controlled by your sub-conscious automated mind.
So what we need to do is to turn our conscious mind to re-framing some of what is set up as automated at the subconscious level. We have to recognise we’ve been programmed so we can open up our minds to be re-written
So much more to be told about this movie but if you are eager to head on over and watch it, I can hook you up right here… see below!